STATE INTEREST RATES AND USURY LIMITS:
• Legal Rate: 2%
• Contract Rate: Any rate as long as both parties agree in writing
• Judgment Rate: 2%
• Corporate Rate: No set rate
• Age of Majority: 18
• Emancipation: Any minor at least 16 years old, married or living apart from parents or legal guardian
• Contracts: Voidable by the guardian of the estate. A minor 16 years or older may contract for own annuities or insurance.
DEBT RESPONSIBILITY: DOCTRINE OF NECESSARIES
• If the husband neglects to provide for the wife, any other person may supply her with necessary articles. The separate property of the husband is liable for the cost of necessities if the community property of the spouses is not sufficient to satisfy the debt.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR CIVIL ACTIONS:
• Written Contracts: 6 years
• Oral Contracts: 4 years
•Judgments: 6 years
•Hospital Accounts: No later than 4 years of services rendered. Nev. Rev. Stat. § 11.2095
This information is not to be construed as legal advice. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. Although we attempt to provide up-to-date information, laws and regulations often change. We make no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of this document. For legal advice please contact an attorney.