Upcoming Free Seminars
Below are the upcoming seminar locations and dates. Use the form to register for the event in your area!
Collecting Higher Co-Pays, Deductibles & Co-Insurances Under the Affordable Care Act
Collector University’s seminar titled “Collecting Higher Co-Pays, Deductibles & Co-Insurances Under the Affordable Care Act” gives hospital and medical staff an in-depth learning approach to maximizing revenue and redistributing your resources back to focusing on your patients. It is a 3 hour program with medical collections experts that allows patient account representatives to:
- Ask challenging questions
- See examples of how to manage with difficult patients
- Change the mindset to not be judgmental on a patients ability to pay
- Understand the DO’s and DON’Ts of collection practices
- Learn how to improve cash flow and inspire positive change in your office
Seminar: 9:00am – 12:00pm
FREE Luncheon: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Doors open at 8:30am for registration and the seminar will end tentatively at 12:00pm. Make sure you bring a sweater, the seminar room is always cold and we want you to be comfortable!
Leaders in Healthcare, Managers, Directors of Revenue Cycle & Patient Account Representatives
During this professional development session you get answers to key questions such as:
- How has the Affordable Care Act impacted patient collections?
- What rules must I follow when collecting under HIPAA, the FDCPA and my state laws?
- Can I make successful payment arrangements and avoid the $5 and $10 payment trap?
- What can I say to overcome the same objections and excuses I hear every day?
- Are there steps I can follow in my calls that will help me get paid?
- What are the most effect key words and phrases that will help get me instant results?
- How can I be confident and assertive with patients without seeming threatening?
- What is the best strategy for working new accounts?
- What new techniques can I use to collect more money at the time of service?
- How can I improve the patients’ experience and keep them coming back with payment?